Thursday, December 01, 2005

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

Sooo, my parents decided for me that Catcher in the Rye was no good for me to read since I already read it (like five years ago!), and my mom picked out a new book for me. Gr.
However I am enjoying the book. It's by Maya Angelou or however it's spelled, and I really didn't expect it to be that great, but so far I really like it. It's got good voice, and good grammar, and the stories are very... not really involved, but you feel like you're there, and when a conclusion comes up you feel the relief or sadness, or whatever it is you're supposed to feel, quite vividly. It has been a little disjointed up to this point, but I'm hoping that as I keep reading the beginning/middle/end type thing will begin to show itsself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home